Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost decided on ranger800 that seats six. Passengers would be wife, 4 kids (14,13,11,9 yrs) and myself.
For general pleasure/trail riding would this be best way to go To get everyone out and around?
Are there restrictions on this larger model because of it's size? Can it legit go on any trail an atv goes on?
Or would I be better to go with modified smaller ranger with bench seat and get smaller rzr170 for older kids to zip around in?
Seems to be a lot of knowledge here and I do not know anyone with a sxs. I started looking for quads but these look great because of need to take multiple people.
Thinking practically I would rather have all of us in 1 vehicle, but also want to be able to go everywhere we can and have fun. A little worried about losing track of kids as they skip out on own on trails.
For now will be riding in sw. Pa, prob thru local club memberships.
Sorry for long post....but lots of questions and no one to ask except salesman, looking for unbiased opinion. Thanks for the great site.

·
4,369 Posts
I have a 2010 Ranger Crew and love it. I had a modded 06 Ranger with seats in the bed prior to that. Nothing beats the protection of a machine designed to haul everyone.

The Ranger Crew is very trail capable. You may run into some 50" wide restrictions on the trails. However, that is going to affect all fullsize Rangers, not just the Crew.

If you want a multi-passenger rig with a little more sport, I would look at the RZR-4 Those are mighty awesome fun looking machines as well and will seat 4 people comfortably.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide

Steve

·
4,369 Posts
Mike,

Geez, I forgot to mention, Welcome to SSW we are glad to have you as part of our community.

Take Care

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Mike, Welcome to the SSW - glad to have you join us. :wink: With having a family of 6 I would definitely go with the Crew, that way the entire family can be together :D while riding. I have a RZR and have rode with a few Crews and with a few exceptions the Crews will pretty much go where the RZR's will. As Steve mentioned, You may run into the 50" wide issue once in a while. In your case - the issue I see with the RZR4 is it seats 4 and your kids will outgrow the RZR170 very quickly. Don't forget to participate in our monthly caption contest for a chance to win one of the $50.00 gift certificates. 8) :wink:

My opinion - the Crew get's my vote. :D 8) :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I agree with everything the guys just said, the crews are awesome and go places that will amaze you. There are definetly areas that are too narrow for the crew and the XP, but with that many people its the way to go.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Welcome to SSW, Mike. :)

I agree with the comments above. It sounds like the Crew is what you need. The only advantage to having a second vehicle would be if you ride by yourself often and in remote areas where help might be a long way off. Having a second vehicle would be a comforting thought in that situation......just in case of the unlikely break down.

·
Registered
249 Posts
crew

We have 09 crew and love it.It can go most places,just remember that it will take large area to turn and going over thing you could get high centered.gGood luck.
dlineman1 prc9756 sxs480

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for opinions

Just a quick thank you for quick replies and warm welcome. Wife and I are reAlly looking forward to trying out our first real toy.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome to SSW from Arizona!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts