Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have gone over to the other side and purchased my first SXS. I got a Polaris Ranger XP 800. All I can say is WOW.

Off the trailer


1st mods of many to come


Installing the Tony's Toys protection. Full skid, Arm guards, and rock sliders.


First mod complete.


Maiden Voyage


Got the winch installed and got the Kobalt in place just have to bolt it down. Waiting on top, windshield, and harness.


Well here is the pix with the box mounted.


Winch


and Ram Mounts


to be continued......

Harness


PWM Built spare tire/gas carrier


Dual Polaris Battery Setup


Diamond Back Top


ATV Trail Tunes 600w Stereo System and RELM 45w 2-way radio


Rigged and Ready


Floor Guards


HID's


Radio and Junction Box


New Grim Reepers riding on ITP Delta's from Mudthrowers.com


Now running 26.5 Pitbull Rockers riding on SS108's




Got my mud protection.


Pro Armor Doors


 

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
Yeah, Phil has an awesome machine.

Can't wait to get it dirty tomorrow! :D
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
Lookin Good!
 

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. With all the rain we have had this week, I have a feeling Jerry will have plenty of chances to splash me. :lol:
 

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
Wow Phil...what a nice machine you have put together!!!! You must be very proud! Thanks for all the pics too.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Phil,

That is a very nice machine you have built. Definitely some upgraded pics since I saw it last. Looking Nice, gotta love the pit bulls and the Pro Armor Doors :)
 

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slane01 said:
Phil,

That is a very nice machine you have built. Definitely some upgraded pics since I saw it last. Looking Nice, gotta love the pit bulls and the Pro Armor Doors :)
when are you coming back down this way?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
pwm said:
slane01 said:
Phil,

That is a very nice machine you have built. Definitely some upgraded pics since I saw it last. Looking Nice, gotta love the pit bulls and the Pro Armor Doors :)
when are you coming back down this way?
I would love to come back down this summer again. It is definitely the best place to ride....
 

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
Looks great. I'm curious to see if you think they're as comfortable as everyone says. I've heard nothing but excellent reports. 8)
 

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
commanderjjones said:
Looks great. I'm curious to see if you think they're as comfortable as everyone says. I've heard nothing but excellent reports. 8)
Full report after this weekends ride.
 

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well after my first ride with the FlexSteel seat, I have to admit, it is very nice. It did take me a while to get used to it as it sets a lot higher than the factory seat making the tilt steering virtually useless.

It made the Crow 4-point harness actually fit and feel a lot better on the shoulders because the back is higher than the stock and although they still keep you in place, they did not dig into my shoulders like before.

I was able to rig up a ratchet strap to hold my Polaris Center Console so I was happy with that as well.

I question if they would be as comfortable with a large person because of the way they are made. Being I used to be 400+ pounds, I really do not think I would like them at all. Now being 200# they are very comfortable.

I am disappointed that the driver side seat does not flip up as I thought they did. You have to remove the seat to get to the storage under the seat.

It does adjust forward and back so now me at 6' and my wife at 5' can drive the ranger.

I only got ~40 miles on the ride due to another rider breakdown and I took them back to Ride Royal Blue. I hope to have a good 80+ mile test in the coming weeks and will update again.
 

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
pwm said:
I am disappointed that the driver side seat does not flip up as I thought they did. You have to remove the seat to get to the storage under the seat.
That's sort of a bummer. I know I would've been looking forward to that feature as well.

Is the seat as easy to remove as the factory one?
 

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
commanderjjones said:
pwm said:
I am disappointed that the driver side seat does not flip up as I thought they did. You have to remove the seat to get to the storage under the seat.
That's sort of a bummer. I know I would've been looking forward to that feature as well.

Is the seat as easy to remove as the factory one?
Well I stand corrected. A guy over on PRC told me to give it a good yank and it will come up. I did and it did. Guess I was in too much of a hurry to get loaded for RB that I did not realize it.
 

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
Ahhhh, that's good. I would say that having to lift up the factory seat to access the storage area would get old pretty quick.
 
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Top