Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on several projects involving Mud and Guts, one of which is relocating the radiator.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That location oughta fix the problem. :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary Lenon said:
I didn't see a PRCs sticker in that display! GRRRR. Why did you have to move the radiator? Mud?
I haven't recieved my new larger PRC/SSW stickers yet 8) That SSN sticker will be coming off before it leaves the garage.
I needed the radiator higher to keep it from getting packed with mud and for better air flow. I will also be getting a new Fluidyne radiator.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
carnivore said:
Gary Lenon said:
I didn't see a PRCs sticker in that display! GRRRR. Why did you have to move the radiator? Mud?
I haven't recieved my new larger PRC/SSW stickers yet 8) That SSN sticker will be coming off before it leaves the garage.
I needed the radiator higher to keep it from getting packed with mud and for better air flow. I will also be getting a new Fluidyne radiator.
What size and color do you want? Mud 'n Guts needs a PRC sticker!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gary Lenon said:
carnivore said:
Gary Lenon said:
What size and color do you want? Mud 'n Guts needs a PRC sticker!
I'll measure it up and let you know.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
WOW :shock: , Looks good Curt !! 8) :wink: Nice work on the mounting bracket's as well. Are the rad. bracket roll cage mount's made of some type of rubber ?? Mud in the rad. shouldn't be an issue now Bud. 8) :wink: Very nice.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RZRRich said:
WOW :shock: , Looks good Curt !! 8) :wink: Nice work on the mounting bracket's as well. Are the rad. bracket roll cage mount's made of some type of rubber ?? Mud in the rad. shouldn't be an issue now Bud. 8) :wink: Very nice.
Nope, they are prototype mounts, I had to block them out until the patent comes through.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, here it is all mounted up and tested. It works really well!

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Nice job Curt, that should keep the mud out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
WOW Looks really nice, How much cooler does it run? Worried at all about mud coming up from the rear tires?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
biggurn said:
WOW Looks really nice, How much cooler does it run? Worried at all about mud coming up from the rear tires?
When its done it will have a bed cover that will keep the mud from the rear tires off it. I haven't been able to take it for a long ride yet to see how cool it runs

·
4,369 Posts
Curt,

That looks awesome. Very Nice work. That is one sweet looking ride :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
carnivore said:
biggurn said:
When its done it will have a bed cover that will keep the mud from the rear tires off it. I haven't been able to take it for a long ride yet to see how cool it runs
Cool! I can't wait and see the long term benefits (I am positive they will be many!)

·
SSW Support Staff
1,003 Posts
Just wondering if over time if all of the bouncing around and such would cause the rad to crack. I'm not sure just seems like a weird angle. I could see if was resting on the down tubes instead of hanging from them. Like I said not knocking it b/c it looks great just wondering.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,003 Posts
Crap never mind I looked again. I thought those tabs were part of the rad and they are not. So the rad is resting in your mounts. Sorry.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As you noticed the mounts that its in are rock solid. The mounts are attached at the cage with rubber insulated mounts so the shocks to it should be minimal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts