Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this can help a few members. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I didn't cover or have suggestions for improvement.

http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=34529

·
4,369 Posts
This was an awesome video Jerry.....though it took me about an hour and a half to get through since I have a slow internet connection.

Very Well done and the Camera Crew did a fine job :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Steve. If it helps even one or two members out, then it was worth taking the extra time to film and document the process.

I know what you mean about the buffering slowing things down. I've got a relatively fast connection at home and a T1 connection at work, and it STILL lags on some Youtube and Photobucket videos. I wish there was something that I could do to alleviate that, but I don't know what I can do to correct it (short of setting up my own website). Maybe another member will provide some ideas.

·
4,369 Posts
For my issues, it is the connection speed into my house. Since I live in a Rural area I do not have access to DSL or a cable modem. I have a Wide area wireless internet connection. I have a great connection from my roof mounted wireless radio to the wireless tower a couple of miles away. However, my internet service provider doesn't really have enough overall bandwidth for all of the customers like me to share. It was great 5 years ago, but since then they have built there customer base up....good for them, but bad for me :-( All of the available bandwidth is shared among customers. My purchased connection speed is 1.5 Mb down and 384 up, which isn't bad. However, it can drop to as low as 100k down at peak demand which really sucks.

Your video was really good though. I actually believe I could tackle that project after watching you do it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts