Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought I would show you some of the components we build and how they fit. This was an 07 Rhino we had in here. The swap over is pretty simple on this. Just a matter of some spacers to take up the slack in the shock mounts. I've also included pics of the compressor kit mounting, it is one of our 4 way analog systems with a 3 gal. air tank.

Front Shockwaves

Rear Shockwaves

3 gallon tank, under Driver seat.

Air Compressor and valve block set up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pictures

I thought I would include some more pics to show you how much travel the suspension has.
Fully Deflated

Fully Inflated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Control Panel

Here is what we did for the control panel. I built a custom plate to replace the "warnings" plate that normally resides on the dash.
Before

After

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Thats real nice!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Craig,
For our members that may not know......this is the system that allows you to control each shock individually, correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is correct, with the 4 way set up you can adjust each shock independently. This gives you the most control over your system. Depending on the type of riding you do or how technical you like to get this is the best way to set one up. It will also give you the best handling and articulation out of your system.

·
4,369 Posts
That is a sweet setup. I saw Randy Warren's 4 way setup on his Crew at the last PRC Rally. WOW, I was totally impressed. I loved the fact that when we came to a big rutted washout, that he was able to increase the suspension on the drivers side of the machine, and decrease it on the passenger side of the machine and essentially drive right through the washout like Nothing.

On the other hand, I was sitting there wondering how the heck I am gonna get through this without rolling my machine on its side.....Somehow I managed to keep all four wheels on the ground, but there was definitely some pucker factor for me :shock:

This system is really cool.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
slane01 said:
I loved the fact that when we came to a big rutted washout, that he was able to increase the suspension on the drivers side of the machine, and decrease it on the passenger side of the machine and essentially drive right through the washout like Nothing.
That's what I wanted to convey to our members that may not be familiar with this system. It has many practicle uses and is a very trick set-up. 8)

In addition to the above.....if you have a minor height clearance issue fitting your SXS into your enclosed trailer or toy hauler, this system might also be the solution. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
commanderjjones said:
slane01 said:
I loved the fact that when we came to a big rutted washout, that he was able to increase the suspension on the drivers side of the machine, and decrease it on the passenger side of the machine and essentially drive right through the washout like Nothing.
That's what I wanted to convey to our members that may not be familiar with this system. It has many practicle uses and is a very trick set-up. 8)

In addition to the above.....if you have a minor height clearance issue fitting your SXS into your enclosed trailer or toy hauler, this system might also be the solution. :wink:
All very good points. Plus, if you get into a situation where you need more ground clearance you have a few inches you can go up as well. I know I've seen that feature probably used more than any, especially with the RZRs. Keep in mind that when I design these kits we set them up to drive at the normal factory height to maintain proper CV angles, but if you need to raise or lower them temporarily for obstacles, you have that ability as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts