Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be a shot in the dark, but o well. I have a group of guys going down to my parents land near charlestown WV on feb 19 and 20th. I was just curious if anyone on here was close to that area and who might want to ride with us? The more the better!!

The land is located right near the little coal river trail head for hatfield mccoy trails.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Dang AJ, Surely wish I could make it bud. My parents are from W.Va. (Beckley) so I'm familiar with down there, I did a lot of riding down there when I was younger - maybe next time Bud. 8) :wink:
Thanks for the offer AJ.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I'd love to, but that's my birthday (yeah, there's that birthday excuse again :lol: ) weekend and we already have plans. Maybe we can meet up there sometime in the spring? I love the H/M trails. 8)

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
commanderjjones said:
I'd love to, but that's my birthday (yeah, there's that birthday excuse again :lol: ) weekend and we already have plans. Maybe we can meet up there sometime in the spring? I love the H/M trails. 8)
We dont ever ride on the hatfield mccoy trails. We have 2500 acres that we ride on... The rules are a little more lenient(NONE) lol. My dad and uncle grew up there so they know all teh trails pretty well...We just have to pay my uncle in beer to be our tour guide. lol

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
...We just have to pay my uncle in beer to be our tour guide. lol
I can handle that :lol: .

We rarely ride the "official" H/M trails either and typically stay on the "outlaw" trails. I don't like the thought of buying the permit and wearing a helmet if I don't have to. :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only been on the hm trails about 5 times ever! They are all pretty boring to me. Plus I dont like wearing my helment either. We will have to get together sometime this summer. I know we will be going back down there at the end of July for sure.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That sounds good. I try to make it up there at least once a year. If it were closer, I'd go more often.......but we have some great riding around here, so I usually don't venture far due to diesel cost. :roll:

·
Registered
237 Posts
AJ keep us posted I'd love to go and join you guys this summer.

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As soon as I get the Dates for xmas in July, I will post them!! Id love to have you guys down to ride. Its a great place to ride, only issue is no running water other than the creek!! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
You guys missed an awesome ride!! Gotta come join us for Xmas in July!!

Thanx, Cuz!! Another wonderful weekend in Almost Heaven WV!! So glad that I get to enjoy all these great trails all the time!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR XMAS IN JULY!!!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That sounds like a great time. I might try to make that. Please post the date after it's set. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts