Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets here what you have planned for this summer.

For the family and I we will be doing some riding in the Houghton Lake area. We will also be attending the Silver Lake Sand Dunes outing in September. We would also like to plan a trip to the Mounds and try out some other trails in Michigan and/or nearby states. Will also attend at least one of the US 27 events and most likely the St. Helen event.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I just found out the 2nd US 27 event is the same weekend as Silver lake, but theres a good chance they will do the SXS's on Sunday, and we all leave Sunday morning so I'm still planning to attend the US 27 event.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Dave, from Michigan myself. Have a RZR 4 with family of 4. When are you heading to Houghton? We are looking forward to do some riding in that area. Know the area north around Military Rd. and 4mile Rd. Btw what is the US 27 event?

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Would like to hit the Hatfield McCoy trails as well as Royal Blue some this summer. With the cottage being in Gaylord Mich. we'll naturally be doing plenty of riding in that area as well. May hit the Silver Lake sand dunes in Sept. also.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
RZRRich said:
Would like to hit the Hatfield McCoy trails as well as Royal Blue some this summer. With the cottage being in Gaylord Mich. we'll naturally be doing plenty of riding in that area as well. May hit the Silver Lake sand dunes in Sept. also.
May hit Silver lake?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Chris, check out the US 27 videos in the SSW Theather rides and rallies section.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
carnivore said:
RZRRich said:
May hit Silver lake?
Yeah, MAY hit Silver Lake?????

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris Kropf said:
Hey Dave, from Michigan myself. Have a RZR 4 with family of 4. When are you heading to Houghton? We are looking forward to do some riding in that area. Know the area north around Military Rd. and 4mile Rd. Btw what is the US 27 event?
Chris,

We have a place in Houghton Lake so we are up in the area riding a lot. Let us know when you plan on riding up there and maybe we can ride together.

US27 in St. Johns has a spring and fall event with drag racing, mug bog, and obstacle course. Check out Curt's videos and it will give you a taste of what it is all about.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
carnivore said:
RZRRich said:
May hit Silver lake?
Yeah, MAY hit Silver Lake?????
Oh, Justin and I wouldn't miss that for nothing, we'll be there if at all possible !! 8) :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Other than the usual frequent trips to Royal Blue and Windrock, I'm going to join Phil (pwm) for his annual ride at Prentice Cooper on 3/19.

I also plan to go to Pickett State Park several times this summer.......I think that's become my new local favorite. You guys really need to come down and ride that with me. It's definitely worth putting on the "must see" list.

I also hope to do a trip to Black Mountain in KY and at least 1 trip to the H/M trails in WV before summer is over.

The Silver Lake ride is on the wishlist, but if diesel keeps climbing at the rate it presently is, I may have to bail on that :oops: . Some of that is also dependent on how many Ranger parts I have to replace between now and then. :lol:

·
Registered
748 Posts
We will finish up dune season with a spring break trip in March, then start heading to the Flagstaff area in May. Up there we will either go to the Cinder Hill area or Wing Mountain.

We would like to do a trip to ride with some friends in New Mexico, but the Sea World be win that vote from the family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There doesn't seem to be many members from the NW, but I'm thinking about going to the 2011 Jamboree July 18th - 23rd in Wallace Idaho. I've never been before but they have rides for SxS's as I understand it. Has anyone else been to this Jamboree before?

Here is the link. http://www.highmountainatv.org/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts