Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMP now has clutch kits for the rzr, the kit consists of a custom cut secondary helix, secondary spring. Primary spring with a set of supertip adjustable billet clutch weights. This will be the only clutch kit you need with the adjustability of the weights you can set this up for stock, and modified motors, large mud tires, high elevation, nitrous, etc. With clutch kit installed we had a 6 to 7 mph performance gain way better throttle response and better midrange pull eliminating the midrange bog at partial throttle. The price of the clutch kit is 338.00 but if you mention you seen this on prc forum you can get this kit at 300.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dirtydale</i>
<br />BMP now has clutch kits for the rzr, the kit consists of a custom cut secondary helix, secondary spring. Primary spring with a set of supertip adjustable billet clutch weights. This will be the only clutch kit you need with the adjustability of the weights you can set this up for stock, and modified motors, large mud tires, high elevation, nitrous, etc. With clutch kit installed we had a 6 to 7 mph performance gain way better throttle response and better midrange pull eliminating the midrange bog at partial throttle. The price of the clutch kit is 338.00 but if you mention you seen this on prc forum you can get this kit at 300.00. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or call me at 715-294-4575. Thanks Dale!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What about a roller secondary such as the Team units? Any benefits?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The RZR allready has a roller secondary clutch this is why its so good right out of the box. Thanks Dale!

·
Registered
2 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dirtydale</i>
<br />The RZR allready has a roller secondary clutch this is why its so good right out of the box. Thanks Dale!

Well that explains the roller clutch type helix offered in clutch kits. Duh! I'm getting old...[xx(]

·
Registered
0 Posts

The 6 or 7mph gain you get is that because there is no spacer on the clutch shaft ?
In another words would'nt I have the same top speed as your clutch kit because I took the spacer off my stock clutch shaft.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

How are these weight adjustable? How are you gaining 6-7 miles an hour with a clutch kit? The clutches have a set ratio and without changeing that how do you gain speed? I have a fair understanding of how POLARIS cluches work,I am interested in any thing to do with clutches that is why the question I am here to learn.

I tried a few GATOR BELT for GOODYEAR they are supposed to be tough and that they are, but they also failed miserably. You can't beat a stock POLARIS belt in my opinion. You get a harder compound belt some thing is going to give and with the sheaves being soft as they are already, they will wear faster with harder belt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by COB</i>
<br />How are these weight adjustable? How are you gaining 6-7 miles an hour with a clutch kit? The clutches have a set ratio and without changeing that how do you gain speed? I have a fair understanding of how POLARIS cluches work,I am interested in any thing to do with clutches that is why the question I am here to learn.

I tried a few GATOR BELT for GOODYEAR they are supposed to be tough and that they are, but they also failed miserably. You can't beat a stock POLARIS belt in my opinion. You get a harder compound belt some thing is going to give and with the sheaves being soft as they are already, they will wear faster with harder belt.

Good to see you here Cob.
There is a small spacer that limits the full shift out of the drive clutch. So kit or not removing the spacer you will get more top speed.
See item # 19 name limiter P/N 5437199

1 - 10 of 10 Posts