Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a parking brake for the RZR. I saw one at Rally on the Rocks but forgot to ask who makes them. It was a brake locking system that had a cable attached to the brake pedal linkage somehow and there was a knob on the dash to set it.

Thanks.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I don't have one myself YET, but several of the guys I ride with you one that looking like this: It seem to hold well on the inclines.

http://www.sidebysidesports.com/porzrpabr.html

·
Registered
162 Posts
I copied this from another forum. Simple, cheap and effective.

$30 Parking Brake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used a NAPA Universal T-Handle Push / Pull Control & Cable with a Handle Twist to Lock, Part Number BK 7311103, cost $26.00.

The cable is 5 ft long, I cut 2 ft off the outer cable. I mounted the cable on the dashboard just under the Headlight Switch. I removed the push-rivet and drilled a 7/16” mounting hole.

There is an existing hole in the firewall that I used to route the cable into the front of the bike and drilled a 1/4" hole in the firewall by the master cylinder to bring the cable to the brake pedal.

I used ¼ x 20 galvanized nuts to secure the cable through the firewall. The galvanized nuts ID is just a little bigger than steel nuts and threads onto the cable.

To operate, just step on the brake pedal, pull out the handle and 1/4 turn to lock…The Parking Brake is now on, All Four Wheels !

I'm doing another installation for a friend. I brazed a square nut onto a 5/16 bolt 1 1/2" long. I ground the bolt to look like the picture below. This is mounted to the brake pedal and the cable goes through the hole.

I attached the Sales Receipt for the NAPA Cable - $25.95

See Page 6 - I built a cabe cover using 3/8 Clear Vinyl Tubing and a cable bulkhead fitting using a 3/8" Cap Screw.
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
86 Posts
Then there's this one for about $15 and a little shop time cutting & drilling the bracket that attaches to the tilting steering column:

The cable is a $10 bicycle brake cable + setscrew-attached 'knarp' on the end (like a throttle stop). Other end attaches to the brake like the other DIY suggestions.
When you tilt the steering wheel all the way up it pulls the cable & holds the brake depressed. Stealthy :)

I also have a hydraulic "line lock" on mine that I installed when new but I prefer the cable because it holds pressure in all 4 calipers and it's obvious when it's applied.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
guy48065 said:
Then there's this one for about $15 and a little shop time cutting & drilling the bracket that attaches to the tilting steering column:

The cable is a $10 bicycle brake cable + setscrew-attached 'knarp' on the end (like a throttle stop). Other end attaches to the brake like the other DIY suggestions.
When you tilt the steering wheel all the way up it pulls the cable & holds the brake depressed. Stealthy :)

I also have a hydraulic "line lock" on mine that I installed when new but I prefer the cable because it holds pressure in all 4 calipers and it's obvious when it's applied.
Mark you have had this for awhile, has the cable been holding up or do you have to change it faily often. I like your setup over most of the store bought unit that I have seen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts