Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if it would hurt anything to turn my rear shocks around so that the canister was on the inside instead of the outside??

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
AJ, I'm curious as to why you're contemplating this move. I had never really thought about it but my first impression is that it should not be a problem - other than maybe clearance :?: being an issue and maybe the right rear reservoir being exposed :?: to exhaust system heat more so with it being inboard. If you decide to give it a shot keep us posted on the outcome. :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to do it because i got a heck of a deael on a DMC dual exhaust. But since I added the reacertech lift the canisters hit the exahust. If i flipped the exhaust to the inside I will have room and they will fit. Also this will keep the canister away from the heat.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I have seen them move the shocks to clear exhaust, no harm as been done to them. You will need to make sure that the shocks don't get too hot from the exhaust, you will lose part of your action and would probably eventually damage the shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts