Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wandering if anybody has heard, or tried rear springs on the front of a rzr?

·
Registered
86 Posts
2" too long and too stiff. IF you could compress the spring enough to get the retainer back on the shock would be fully extended, would never compress in normal driving, and if it did you would get spring bind before the shock hit full travel. Harsh & potentially damaging.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought would happen. Its hard to the aftermarket front springs in stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sucks that polaris chose to use springs with different ID at each end--few choices out there. Why didn't they just use standard 2.5" springs?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was thinking about making a new top ring, and using a pair of springs off steet rod coilover. Waiting to get new springs from RACERTECH.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw a Rzr with dirt bike shocks on the rear. It looked to work ok but not sure of the ride. Plus, I think I heard they were Yamamahaha shocks, you just know they will brake!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went with "MakinTrax" after market springs and made a big improvement in my ride.

Go to their site
www.makintraxsuspension.com

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Has anybody tried those new shock from Progressive/ I think they are the 425s, seen them in a couple of the vendors web sites and on ebay. Hadn't heard much about them to date.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A buddy is thinking about them, I put the springs on from RACERTECH and they seem to work good.

·
SSW Support Staff
614 Posts
I ordered a set from Super ATV. They look to be the length of the rear, but are advertised for the front. I'll look them over better, but they don't seem to be tapered in as much at the top. I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quick question .... Are you guys building to race or making a comfy cosy ride??

Although my Rzr rides nice, I'm old and broke up I would like it to ride on a white puffy cloud ..... :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I run hard but I didn't like the soft and hard bottoming out of the stock springs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
leimy said:
I run hard but I didn't like the soft and hard bottoming out of the stock springs.
I completly understand. Is there something in between though. What I have been reading is that a spring change makes the ride rough or hard. (True or false) ... I have been looking at the Fox 2.0 but don't want to spend that kind of money until someone can give first hand report on them. I have heard from the S guys but no Std Rzr guys.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think with the RACERTECH springs they could still be stiffer. The ride is to hard or rough, but i do have a 4 seater cage, my cage with the back only ads 100lb over stock. When I go to new shocks I think I'm going with walker evans.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The price on them is better, and HOLTZ racing thinks that walker evans are just as good as fox 2.0.

·
SSW Support Staff
614 Posts
I haven't had much time to complete my project, but did get the Super ATV spring to go on my shock. The spring wire diamiter is much larger, and the rating is 125lb, the original is 100lb. When completed, I'll let you know how it works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.