Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silver Lake 06
My first trip to Silver Lake I bought this home-built buggy in Grand Rapids on my way there :lol:

Silver Lake spring 07
Ridge Runner--better suspension and Polaris power:

PRC Silver Lake fall 07
Brought the RR and my new Rzr. A friend broke the RR on the 1st pass when he launched badly off the last hill:

PRC Silver Lake 08

PRC Silver Lake 09

For me Silver Lake is a blast--for a few hours, then it's gets a little old. That's when I like to just hang out with friends and watch others go crazy in the sand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey I remember some of them pictures.I agree with you Mark it's always a good time riding with some friends up there.

·
4,369 Posts
Looks like fun in the "Sandbox". I have never been to the Dunes, but I am gonna go this year :)

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
slane01 said:
Looks like fun in the "Sandbox". I have never been to the Dunes, but I am gonna go this year :)
It's a lot of fun! Claudia and I went over with the gang last September and we will definitely go back!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
It is a blast. I will be posting pics from the Silver lake annual local rides very soon. There are lots of them.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Never rode in the sand either, I'm going to have to find a way to be able to attend a ride in the sand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought em off eBay nearly 2 years ago. Are you "6869gray"?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi ,,
How did the rzr go in the dunes? Enough power? We are making a trip up in June.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jay,
The RZRs' do great in the sand. Just think of your throttle as a light switch – fully on or fully off. (the left pedal isn’t needed)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Silver Lake isn't terrible and a stock Rzr can go anywhere on stock tires if you let most the air out. I don't recommend the paddles I run--16 paddles robs too much power and I get no tire spin at all--but they work fine at SL. I kept them when I sold my RR so for "free" they do great :wink:

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
guy48065 said:
Silver Lake isn't terrible and a stock Rzr can go anywhere on stock tires if you let most the air out.
Marks right - drop that tire pressure down to about 4-6psi and a stock RZR will do just fine, even surprise you. :D :wink:

·
4,369 Posts
Mark,

Didn't your location used to be listed as Romeo over at PRC Forum? I see it is now listed "In the Thumb", if so what town are you in?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Romeo. Pretty much everyone in MI knows what the Thumb is but not many know Romeo.

I have an alarm system... :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts