Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't have any pictures of this Brisket cook yet....But I just picked up our annual Side of Beef for the freezer on Saturday (used the Ranger to haul it home in too :) .....local slaughter house/butcher about a mile from my house) I had the butcher keep the Brisket out fresh. So there is nothing better to do with a Fresh Brisket, than to smoke it :).

So here I am sitting up at 12:30 AM watching my smoker temp as I just threw the brisket on about a 1/2 hour ago.

I am looking forward to some good vittles tommorrow :mrgreen:

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Those pics are going to make our mouths water! You keep it up and we will have more Big Green Egg owners on SSW than we do SXS enthusiasts! :D Keep them coming Steve!!!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I knew better than to read this BEFORE I have eaten breakfast. Time to go do some cookin'. :lol:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Sounds good, good thing today is Sunday, that means chicken day for me offshore, I always eat big on Chicken day and Seafood day.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Well, here it is - about lunch time and I figure the reason we haven't seen any pictures just yet is Steve and his family are busy taking care of that brisket :shock: Hope you took pictures first bud. 8) :wink:

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RZRRich said:
Well, here it is - about lunch time and I figure the reason we haven't seen any pictures just yet is Steve and his family are busy taking care of that brisket :shock: Hope you took pictures first bud. 8) :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Well Fellas, I had company today. I pulled the Brisket, wrapped it and let it rest for a couple of hours. I had also made some burgers too.....By the time I was ready to start slicing the brisket and chopping the Burnt Ends, I had 13 hungry people waiting for dinner :shock: :shock: Needless to say the photo opportunity did not happen. I will say that I think this was one of my best briskets though....There certainly wasn't much for leftovers....But I certainly had my fill of Brisket and Burnt End Sandwiches. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Steve, your brisket post got me hungry right off the bat this morning and inspired me to smoke a pork loin for dinner this evening.

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
commanderjjones said:
Steve, your brisket post got me hungry right off the bat this morning and inspired me to smoke a pork loin for dinner this evening.
Glad I could get you motivated :D I love Pork Loins too. Nothing better than food cooked on the smoker.

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neal,

I used the Big Green Egg. The egg works wonderful for cooking anything from a 200 to 700 degree range. Most of the BBQ smoking I do is done between 225 and 275 degrees.

For sausage making I would use an electric smoker that could regulate down to the 160 degree range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts