Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got about 4" to 6" here around the house today. School was closed, and although I probably could have made it to work, I took the day off to play with the family. A little ol' lady hit my truck and wrecked it in last week's snow fiasco, so it's in the shop and going to Windrock or Royal Blue was out of the question. So we decided to go up on the mountain above our house in Harriman.

Before we even made it out of the neighborhood, we ran across an older gentleman in a ditch. Obviously we couldn't just leave him there, so I proceeded to get out the tow strap. Before I could get hooked up, a guy on a tractor came along. So I decided to let him tug it and not risk breaking something on the Ranger.

After doing our good deed for the day, we headed up the mountain.

It's a very steep grade with dangerous curves, so I was surprised to see that another vehicle had already been up there (notice the tire tracks).

The boy was asleep before we even made it to the top of the mountain......barely 10 minutes from the house.

But he quickly woke up when we stopped.

We stopped and played for a while at Buzzard's Bluff....the overlook above our house.

Here's a couple of shot's looking off of the bluff.
To the right......

Straight ahead.....

And to the left. Our house is near the center of this pic'.

After a couple of hours of playing, we headed back down the mountain for a warm-up with some hot chocolate :D .

Some heathen decided it would be funny to write his name in the snow.

Talented?........questionable.
Tacky?........definitely :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: smow

Rockin Ranger Rider said:
You guys are too conspicuous in that mossy oak new break-up in the snow. Time for some Arctic ware :lol:
I just wish we got enough snow to justify buying some! I supose I could wrap up in a bed sheet..........oops, can't do that either.....might be mistaken for something else around here. :lol:

·
4,369 Posts
Great Pics Jerry. It looks like the family was having fun....Hmm the handwritten signature in the snow, Don't need to know who was holding the Pen....if it said SSW, I would have thought it was Gary :)

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
I wasn't holdin' the DANG pen!!!! :shock: Great pics of the family enjoying the snow and the Ranger. That's what this site is all about. Except maybe that last pic. :shock:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Looks like a great day!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice pics in the snow.. I'll have to drive several hours to the north to be able to enjoy any snow. I've been trying to convince the wife to go to Arkansas this weekend for a little snow fun. She just looks at me funny. :(

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dunny96 said:
She just looks at me funny. :(
I know the feeling, Greg. Most of my friends don't share my fondness of snow and cold, either. :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tracker1 said:
Jerry looks like you need to work on your penmanship :lol:
Hey, it was pretty cold out there, so my pencil was a little short. :shock: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.