Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guilty of never taking enough pictures on hunting trips. :oops:

Maybe since we video every hunt I figure that is enough?

Anyway, here are a few pics of various hunts in the US and Canada.....

Quebec bear camp......over 75 miles from the nearest cell phone service.

Big Speckled trout.......lots of fishing every day before we hit the bear stands.

My little bear killing buddy with a nice northern pike......

A stringer full of Speckled trout. Pink meat, and tasty as it gets!

How do I get stuck rowing the boat? :?

My little buddy Ty with his 2nd black bear......

Starting a 15 mile ride back to camp......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
East Texas camp......

This is camp on our east Texas lease. We cannot build any permanent structures so these job trailers do the trick nicely. 2400 acres of prime hog hunting, and after 9 years we started doing supplemental feeding for the deer, and the rack size exploded!! 8)

Cabelas portable shower is the bomb......

Lots of bunks in the east Texas Hilton.....

Ty with a big boar hog.....

Ty with a bigger boar......this is NOT photoshop, we forgot the camera on this trip and this is a cell phone picture. This hog easily bottomed out a 500 lb. scale. :shock:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
South Texas Lodge

Laguna Vista Lodge in Pearsall, TX belongs to a good friend of mine, Jed Knowlton. Jed is also a very generous guy. 2 years ago we started hosting disabled hunter events at Laguna Vista. Jed supplies the hunt, lodging, and critters, while I take a cameraman along and we capture the events on video for the disabled hunters.

Main lodge.....yes, it is HUGE! The paved driveway from the county road to the lodge is 4.5 miles long! :shock: They do things big in Texas. :D

A couple of "pets" at the lodge......

The first years 2 hunters with family, video crew, and Laguna Vista staff...

The first hunter to score was Alyssa. I was the luckiest guy in the world when I was blessed with the opportunity to video Alyssa`s entire hunt. Situations like this are a stark reminder that things most of us consider to be problems are nothing compared to what some folks deal with 24/7.

Just the way things worked out, I was behind the camera when Rick scored on his Corsican Ram as well. Rick is a disabled vet, a heck of a good guy, and he can flat out shoot! 8)

I have not loaded the pics from the 2nd annual disabled hunt yet, but will get to it soon so you can meet the two disabled vets from this year.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
That's flat out GREAT that you fella's do this for these people Mitch, and you could of not said it any better my friend .... "Situations like this are a stark reminder that things most of us consider to be problems are nothing compared to what some folks deal with 24/7".

Hat's off to you fella's :!: .... 8) :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RZRRich said:
Once again Mitch - GREAT pics !! How big was Ty's 2nd :shock: Black Bear - do you recall?
Yes I do remember...... :wink:

Ty`s first bear was a 90 pounder. He shot it with a bow when he was 12.

We skipped bear hunting the next year, and we missed it so much that we decided that we would do this hunt EVERY year from now on. It is an incredibly inexpensive hunt, and more fun than the law should allow.

The bear in that picture weighed 135 lbs. and Ty shot it when he was 14. I video`d the bear over Ty`s shoulder. Video`d it for 5 minutes at 12 yards before it gave Ty an angle he liked, and the whole time I told Ty it was bigger than the bear I shot, which was 300 lbs. :oops: It sure fooled me. :lol:

Ty`s bear this year weighed 175 lbs. and his dad video`d him this time. You can hear Ty whispering on the video that the bear was not big enough, and his dad whispering a little louder to SHOOT IT! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PA hunting camp...

Here are a few pics of PA hunting camp. We have a TON of deer there, and the funny thing is that I do not even hunt out of camp. :shock:

Too busy chasing midwest whitetails to hunt PA anymore, but going to camp and relaxing is still awesome.

Doing what I do best......relaxing. :lol:

There are so many deer around camp that sometimes they get inside the camp and try to hide. :shock:

I even found a fox in there once.... :)

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
I am very glad to hea that you guys help out the disabled population. I work with the mentally challenged and its very rewarding to be able to give someone an oppurtunity of a life time. Once again, GREAT JOB!

·
4,369 Posts
Mitch,

That is totally Cool. You have done a great job with the hunts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a small sample of some whitetails that we have taken on my leases in Pike county, IL.....

Same deer as the last picture after it was mounted. This buck was officially aged at an amazing 2.5 years old by the DNR. It still had it`s baby teeth! 182 6/8" gross.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Those are some pretty nice Pike county bucks. 8)

The hogs are enormous, but I'll refrain from petting the kitty in the cage :lol:.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Great pics!

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Great pictures, like the critters that wandered into your cabin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts