Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 RZR which I bought used came with the "deluxe" brush guards front and rear. It also has the "lock and ride" box in the bed. Does anyone make a spare tire holder that just fastens to that rear brush guard? I'm searching the various vendors and haven't come up with it yet.

For the underbody protection, I've seen aluminum kits and the high impact plastic kits. The pricing is fairly equal. Any strong thoughts about which to use?

Just getting this RZR equipped for the trails is a real adventure. I can't wait to actually get to ride (besides plowing snow).

Thanks.

·
4,369 Posts
Alot of the guys really like the UMHW Plastic skids. Some of the members over on the SidexSide sister site have ordered UMHW sheets, usually 1/2" thick and have made there own. They really slide over rocks pretty well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
TimEd1 said:
The 2009 RZR which I bought used came with the "deluxe" brush guards front and rear. It also has the "lock and ride" box in the bed. Does anyone make a spare tire holder that just fastens to that rear brush guard? I'm searching the various vendors and haven't come up with it yet.
For the underbody protection, I've seen aluminum kits and the high impact plastic kits. The pricing is fairly equal. Any strong thoughts about which to use?

UHMW Skid Plate

Made my own Here's the link

http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11899&highlight=uhmw

Spare tire holder on Delux Bumper

Made my own...here's the link. Cost about $15.00

http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12583&highlight=spare+tire+holder

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please report

Wirechaser, could you please repost the info on the spare tire carrier you made to fit the "deluxe" rear brush guard? For some reason, the forum will not let me enter using the url you posted. It says I need to log in again and then won't take my username and password.

I have found one on UTV Crap that looks interesting. I'm not sure it will stay at the angle it's supposed to be though. Maybe someone has experience with it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: Please report

TimEd1 said:
Wirechaser, could you please repost the info on the spare tire carrier you made to fit the "deluxe" rear brush guard? For some reason, the forum will not let me enter using the url you posted. It says I need to log in again and then won't take my username and password.

I have found one on UTV Crap that looks interesting. I'm not sure it will stay at the angle it's supposed to be though. Maybe someone has experience with it?

Here it is: Yes it works with the " Lock N Ride Polaris Box"

Pictures are almost self explainatory. Used an 8" piece of 1" pipe in lower crossmember for strength. Hardware came from Lowe's. Steel was scrap. Tire rests on holder and some load is on both ears of the bumper near the tailights when the lug nuts are tightened up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the responses. The spare tire carrier looks great and is on my list of things to do as soon as it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tim,

Welcome to the Forum.

The spare tire carrier above can be made without welding using bolts at the crossmember since the bolts will be located at the large center hole in the spare wheel. Just be sure to use a thick main steel upright to prevent shaking while on the trails. I have ridden over 1,000 miles with this without a problem. Since initial Fab, I have added a bolt to the top as seen here and washers between the carrier and horizional bolts. This has taken all strain off the outside ears of the rear bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts