Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooking a spatchcocked chicken is kind of a different way of cooking a whole chicken. Basically you take a whole chicken and cut out its backbone and lay it out flat. It cooks a little bit faster that way too.

Cooking whole chickens on the Big Green Egg turn out awesome. They retain so much moisture. Two of my boys actually complained about the chicken being too moist and juicy. Geez, I never thought that would ever be a problem.

The chicken was rubbed front and back with my standard BBQ rub and cooked indirectly at about 325 for about 1.5 hours. Hickory wood was also used for the smoking wood.

I did not take too many pics of this as it was my last cook of the day and I was getting tired.

I started the day off by making two batches of homemade salsa. That took up about 4 hours, but turned out real well also.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Steve, is that a Ferret on Aidans head? :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:
They sure look like a happy crew!

Great lookin chicken!

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carnivore said:
Steve, is that a Ferret on Aidans head? :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:
They sure look like a happy crew!

Great lookin chicken!
LMAO....Yup, something like that.....Aidan Love's his Mohwak, This is his second one of the summer. My wife had originally agreed to it in the beginning of July, figuring it would be grown out by the time for school pics. However, we needed to get his haircut again and he wanted another Mowhak. So I got him another one. He says that he will always have one....So as long as he loves it and there are NO Piercings I am okay with it :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I should've known better than to check out Steve's cooking at 11:00pm......now I'm hungry before bed time :oops: .

Good looking food, bud......and a great looking group of kids! 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts