Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PRC Sponsor
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a project in the shop im curious as to how many people think a grab bar/front cage support for you Ranger would be ideal?

Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like the thought process as the one on the RZR is nice but I think that application is a little high. My biggest concern with it being that high is the location of impact on the body in the event the driver hits something. I guess if your harnessed in it might not be to bad.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
I run a 09 RZR but I will say that this makes sense to me - your workmanship looks great, it’s esthetically pleasing, functional and will add some much needed strength to that area of the cage. Nice job !! :wink: I hope it doesn't rattle like the one's on the RZR's do? :lol: :lol:

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
I like the grab bar and the way it mounts. The only thing I have ever seen is that if the passenger doesn't have the seat belts on or they are not adjusted properly or they are not holding on to it then the person gets thrown into the bar.

That has happened to passengers in our buggy's, some use the grab bar similar to that.

·
PRC Sponsor
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bige said:
I like the grab bar and the way it mounts. The only thing I have ever seen is that if the passenger doesn't have the seat belts on or they are not adjusted properly or they are not holding on to it then the person gets thrown into the bar.

That has happened to passengers in our buggy's, some use the grab bar similar to that.
Thanks. Now we all know you should always be wearing your seat belt when climbing into these machines, these are made for off-road use and accidents can happen at anytime, hince the name its called an accident :D. When i mounted this I did have it set in the more straight position, it can be adjusted facing more down towards the floor board and not have it directly in front of your chest. Keep the input coming!

Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I'd get one and mount it to my existing bar, I like it!

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I like the idea, when I was running the Ranger, it would have been handle to have the bar to hang on to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts