Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 08 RZR and would appreciate some advice on how to get a smoother ride, particularly in the chop around the base of the dunes. Do I need to invest in a long travel suspension or is there something I can do with springs and shocks?

I have 2" wheel spacers and am running SS wheels with AT26x9R 14's on the front and AT26x11R 14's on the back.

In the mags I see ads for all price ranges from about $800 for a RZR S conversion to long travel kits at more than $6000. Before I pour any more money into this thing I would like to know if the ride is significantly improved or is this just hype?

Any advice would be appreciated ! ! !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Better shocks with good valving make a big difference. Combine that with long travel and it's night & day. Check into Makin Trax's Afco MT-1 and MT-2 with progressive-rate springs. I don't have them but everything I've read has been hugely positive mostly due to the springs. I have WER piggyback rezzies on standard suspension and they were well worth the expense.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Paul... Just as Mark stated, one of the best thing s you can do to your ride is improve the suspension. A standard RZR does not have the best of stock shocks and different springs only may not smooth out your ride. I do not know if the stock 08 RZR shock can be re-valved but if you contact Steve at http://www.makintraxsuspension.com/ he can advise you accordingly. I have his springs on my RZR-S and it is a much better ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely contact Steve at Makin Trax. I have seen his ad in UTV magazine and now with advice from you guys I trust that he is a good source for information and products. I’ll post an update after I make the changes.

Thanks again,
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts