Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Viper winch w/synthetic line. My first non-steel cable winch, I might add. Anyhow, the directions said the line was just spooled on loosely and I should re-spool it under pressure. Any recommendations as to how tight? I did use my favorite wife to lean back and keep it taunt as I spooled the line on but I am thinking I may should have hook to a tree or something.

Thanks !

Steve

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Thats what I would do, hook it to a tree and put your machine in neutral.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wcdu said:
I installed a Viper winch w/synthetic line. My first non-steel cable winch, I might add. Anyhow, the directions said the line was just spooled on loosely and I should re-spool it under pressure. Any recommendations as to how tight? I did use my favorite wife to lean back and keep it taunt as I spooled the line on but I am thinking I may should have hook to a tree or something.

Thanks !

Steve
favorite wife eh? Huh, wonder what she thinks about the rest of 'em? I mean I'm LDS (a Mormon) but even I think polygamy is a practice way out of its time... :lol:

·
Registered
490 Posts
carnivore said:
Thats what I would do, hook it to a tree and put your machine in neutral.
Yep, that is what you do!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
favorite wife eh? Huh, wonder what she thinks about the rest of 'em? I mean I'm LDS (a Mormon) but even I think polygamy is a practice way out of its time...[/quote]

I shared one of my families oldest traditions. She is my only wife, of 42 years, but also my favorite cook, favorite mother of my kids, everything. Both my sister's are my favorite sister. We all think of it as natural. It is like an adjective to whoever and whomever.

I thought I would try a tree but my problem is it seems to roll so easily I have to end up keeping stopping backing it up and starting again. I have one driveway that is a bit steep I might try. I suspect too tight is better than to loose.

Thanks again!

Favorite Steve from Trinidad, CO

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope I didn't offend you, just with all the hoop-law about the polygamist down in Colorado City and Texas, I found you "family tradition" funny. I did by no means however mean to offend you, if I did, I am truly sorry. Did you try attaching your winch to a vehicle? Something a little heavier than the winching vehicle and try winching the vehicle to you? I had to re spool the cable on my ATV and that's what I did (hooked it the the S-10 and cranked away)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Favorite Biggurn

Absolutely no offense taken. I knew where you were coming from. It just happens so naturely in our family we tend to forget all about our weirdness.

I think I will wheel it out tomorrow, if the dern wind slows down here, and give it another try.

Thanks again, Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts