Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank everyone for the great time I had this week at Windrock. The rides were fun, but I think the time spent around camp with each other were just as much fun. Great times with great people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gary and I also had a great time this weekend! It was nice meeting everyone. Thanks again to the Jones and Wickes families for inviting us down to their camp Friday night and sharing supper with us. Looking forward to the next ride!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
We had a great time. Thanks to all that came and I'm looking forward to seeing y'all again soon.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Georgiagirl said:
Gary and I also had a great time this weekend! It was nice meeting everyone. Thanks again to the Jones and Wickes families for inviting us down to their camp Friday night and sharing supper with us. Looking forward to the next ride!
Hey Crystal ! Glad to see ya over here. I appreciate you and Gary coming to ride and hang out with us. Let's plan another one soon. I'm thinking about going to Pickett for Labor Day weekend. :idea:

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had a great time riding and meeting everyone this weekend. I think all the trick riding everyone was doing on T36 was the best part! Yall were showing some skills! :lol:
I really enjoyed talking to Dorothy, she said she doesnt have time for this computer stuff but maybe somebody that sees and talks to her often can get the word back to her about how much enjoyed meeting her.
KCSfire, was good to ride with you again!!! Hope you will come back and ride with us again sometime.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bamagirl said:
KCSfire, was good to ride with you again!!! Hope you will come back and ride with us again sometime.
Good to see you again. As far as another ride, if I'm off there's always a chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Georgiagirl said:
Hey Crystal ! Glad to see ya over here. I appreciate you and Gary coming to ride and hang out with us. Let's plan another one soon. I'm thinking about going to Pickett for Labor Day weekend. :idea:
Thanks... We had fun! Never been to Pickett. Isn't that the one that's about an hour from you? What kind of lodging options do they have there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was great to meet everyone and make some new friends my daughter can't stop talking about Hunter Jones her new best friend can't wait till next year for anyone who couldn't make this year start planning its a great time with GREAT PEOPLE and awesome MEMORIES to be had by all

·
Registered
8 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Georgiagirl said:
Thanks... We had fun! Never been to Pickett. Isn't that the one that's about an hour from you? What kind of lodging options do they have there?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
jdeerekid said:
It was great to meet everyone and make some new friends my daughter can't stop talking about Hunter Jones her new best friend can't wait till next year for anyone who couldn't make this year start planning its a great time with GREAT PEOPLE and awesome MEMORIES to be had by all
It was great meeting you guys. Hunter really took a liking to Chloe and I am glad that they hit it off so well. Like you said.....good memories. We have made some WONDERFUL friends over the years and this year's rally is no sooner over when I start looking forward to the next one.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Georgiagirl said:
Yes, Picket is about an hour and a half west of us, near Jamestown.

Unfortunately, there's no lodging that doesn't require trailering your machine to the trailhead. You can stay at Pickett State Park, and there's a couple of other places in the general area, but they all require trailering to the trailhead. We always pull over on the side of the gravel road and just camp at the trailhead, but there's no power/water/sewer there. We're sort of "roughing it"........if you consider it that with us having a generator and running water :lol: . There's no toilet though, so you still have to deal with that. There's a beautiful spring fed pond down the road and we usually jump in there to clean up after a long dusty ride.

One thing about it, Pickett has more scenic views than Windrock, Royal Blue, and Brimstone put together. It's probably my favorite place to ride, and there are no permits required......unfortunately, there's just no quick way to get there. Even as close as we live (as the crow flies), it still takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to our camping spot from the house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll talk to Gary about it. How far do you have to trailer from the cabins at the state park to the trails? I'd love to see all the rock formations & scenic stuff.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Georgiagirl said:
Thanks for the info. I'll talk to Gary about it. How far do you have to trailer from the cabins at the state park to the trails? I'd love to see all the rock formations & scenic stuff.
It's not far......maybe 4 miles? Unfortunately the cops up there WILL write you a big fat ticket if they catch you trying to make it to the trailhead on the paved road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts