The All-New Pioneer 500 | Side X Side World

The All-New Pioneer 500

Discussion in 'Honda UTV Discussions' started by abkdad3, May 19, 2014.

1. abkdad3

abkdad3 SSW Director of Public Relations Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/pioneer-500.aspx

2015 Pioneer 500 Overview - Honda Powersports
    The Pioneer 500 is a brilliant concept: Like a full-sized side-by-side, it lets you take a passenger along and has the off-road capability to get you where you need to go. But the Pioneer 500 is a new take on the SxS formula: it’s narrow, fits on tight trails, is fun to drive, and easy to load into a full-size truck bed.

But you still get a full-sized list of features, like independent rear suspension, four-wheel drive, and paddle shifting. And that’s just the start. Want to go where no side-by-side can? The new Pioneer 500 can get you there and back again, and you’ll have fun doing it.

All About The Pioneer 500
    Want to know about all the features of this all-new SxS? This video will take you through the Pioneer 500's unique features and capabilities.
    Watch The Video!

Compact, Yet Capable
    With the new Honda Pioneer 500, you and a passenger can get there, whether it’s a narrow, 50-inch trail or the remote regions of the ranch. And with our steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters, you'll enjoy the drive.
    Learn More

Powerful 500-Class Engine
    Coupled with an efficient five-speed transmission, the Pioneer 500’s engine features electronic fuel injection for effortless cold-weather and high-altitude operation. It’s specially tuned for low-rpm torque, too.
    Learn More

Better, Not Bigger
    The Pioneer 500’s overall size and responsive handling make it fun to drive. Best of all, since it’s a Honda it’s also durable, reliable, and offers superior engineering. There’s nothing like it on the trails.
    Check It Out

Genuine Honda Accessories
    Made with the same exacting standards as every Honda part, build your 2015 Pioneer 500 with high-quality Honda Genuine Accessories to make it as unique as you are.
    Find Your Accessories

Pioneer 500
    STARTING AT $8,499*
    + DESTINATION CHARGE: $600.00
    OVERVIEW
    COLORS
    INNOVATIONS
    ACCESSORIES
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Add to My Favorites
    Send to a Friend

Compact. Fun. Affordable. The All-New Pioneer 500

2. carnivore

carnivore Registered Member

That's definetly different!

3. upnover

upnover Veteran Member

Not feeling it. I am a fan of Honda products so maybe it will grow on me.

4. slane01

slane01 Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I think Honda has done great in the quad market, but I just don't see it with the SxS. It looks out of proportion without a box. The rear rack looks funny.

However, the thought of it being able to load into a pickup is a great idea

5. roadrunner

roadrunner Veteran Member

Looks like a small clone of the Pioneer. Doesn't do any thing for me and I have been a big fan of Honda Products for years. Looks like Honda is attempting to get in the market by targeting price as their choice of competition.

6. BabyWhiteRhino721

BabyWhiteRhino721 Veteran Member

I’m with others. i love honda but this is just not doing it for me. Arctic cat had a flat bed style for the prowler that was a flat deck like trucks have and it had removable sides. but the ATV rack and finders just looks odd. It also looks so tall and so narrow, wonder how long it will be till they start flipping all over the ranches. The front end just looks way off IMHO. looks huge and yet so narrow. kinda reminds me of those Mercedes cargo fans that are really tall but a much smaller version.

I think the 700 looks a lot better

7. SalCap

SalCap Starting Member

Hi HG,

Id like Myrddin to participate this month and hopefully not disconnect. Myrddin will be logged in, but I may not be home in time to join the tournament. If so, could you do it for me, please?

Thanks
    jm