Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after the snow I fired up the ole Brinkman. I took a half backstrap and after letting it marinade with a little bit of this and a little bit of that I set it free. I hope you enjoy the pics.

I used some Italian dressing, Sweet Baby Ray's bar-b-Q sauce, and some home made rub. After working the marinade and rub into the meat I let it sit all day in the refrigerator until I was ready to smoke them. I let the mesquite chips soak in water for an hour before putting them on the coals.

I let the backstarps smoke for about an hour and a half, until the internal temperature was 160 degrees. It was very tasty and tender.
Here's what it looked like early on in the day. (B.C. before charcoal)

Here's what it looked like after marinading all day.

Heating the coals and the cook up.

For medicinal purpose only, just in case the fire went out 8) :D :shock: :lol: :lol:

Ready to eat!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
This section just makes me want to eat all the time!

·
4,369 Posts
Looks Great Cesar, Venison Backstraps on the Smoker....Life is good :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
That looks great! I like to do my backstraps on the smoker as well. I marinate in Beer and Dale's seasoning then wrap in bacon and smoke!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rabbit Chaser said:
That looks great! I like to do my backstraps on the smoker as well. I marinate in Beer and Dale's seasoning then wrap in bacon and smoke!
I've also doen mine that way and it is great. I also like Dale's sauce, bacon and then grill the backstrap after I've cut them into 3/4" slices. They're so good that I've had people argue with me saying that there is no way that it was venison. Dale's sauce is my favorite marinade.

·
4,369 Posts
Dales seasoning sauce is some great stuff. The backstraps wrapped in bacon sound great.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to add this picture to my earlier post. This is the backstrap ready to eat after I took it off the smoker. We had corn, and greenbeans from our garden as well as some garlic bread. The meal was fit for a king :lol:

I have to be careful around here, my daughters both love venison so whenever I grill or smoke venison I always have to hide a little for the cook. 8)
I'm hoping to make it to the Rally this Spring. If I can make it I will bring the smoker and plenty of venison, we had a banner year so there should be plenty of venison. I also make a pretty good batch of deer jerky.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Its kind of sad, I won a Jack Daniels charcoal smoker (I think its a Brinkman) severa years agol and have never used it. It looks about like Cesars smoker. Its still in the box

·
4,369 Posts
carnivore said:
Its kind of sad, I won a Jack Daniels charcoal smoker (I think its a Brinkman) severa years agol and have never used it. It looks about like Cesars smoker. Its still in the box
Curt,

Its about time you break it out :) Get the backstraps out of the Freezer and you will be good to go :D

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts
Dang Curt, break that thing out of the box. Mine is electric so it is even easier to use. So easy, even a caveman could do it!!! :lol: Get yourself a cheap internal temp, mine is remote and have at it!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curt, you need to break out that sucker and have at it. Although they are not as convenient as the gas and electric they smoke a mean meal. My wife loves charcoal that is why we went that route. They work pretty good and since you got yours free you know the meats will taste even better :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts