Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please list your 5 favorite additions that you have added to your RZR!

I have some money in my pocket and its burning a hole in it!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like you've already done my top 5.
Next 5 would be doors, parking brake, HID lights, better steering wheel, new intake system.

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i forgot to change my signature: I already have half doors, HID headlights, and a parking brake.

I have thought about the air intake, but I am not sure I am ready for the extra noise that comes with it. I am thinking about adding an affordable clutch kit to help with the bottom end.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
I am thinking about adding an affordable clutch kit to help with the bottom end.
That's definitely where I would spend the money. :wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Clutch kit (holtz) , intake and throttle body, k&n filter, HMF exhaust, Holeshot tires, and full cage, And the list goes on........

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Let's see

Doors
Winch and bumper
Skid pans
Clutch kit
tires

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
UHMW skid plates
ProArmor Doors,
PitBull Rocker 26.5" Tires
Crow 5pt "Camlock" Harness's
EMP Extreme Front Bumper with Viper EX-4000 Winch W/Synthetic Cable

GoPro Hero HD camera :D :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Aluminum Products skids and stick guards
EMP Extreme front bumper
KFI 3000 lbs winch
EMP parking brake
Delorem pn 60 GPS

·
Registered
748 Posts
My top 5 for the RZR4 were:

DFR or Crow Harnesses
UTV Inc Nerf Bars
Rugged Radio Intercom with Radio and iPod/XM
Pure Polaris Bumpers (Front and Rear)
Weller Racing Stage 1 Kit (Intake, exhaust, clutch, fuel controller, dyno tune)

My next thing will probably be a new cage and roof, I found my vertical line of sight was cut down when doing steep drops and climbs in the dunes with Polaris cage and roof.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Glenn, can you elaborate more for us on your Weller Racing Stage 1 Kit (Intake, exhaust, clutch, fuel controller, dyno tune) - sounds interesting bud !! 8) :wink:

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you go to http://wellerracing.com/ and click on RZR800 all their kits are shown.

Basically it is a clutch kit (Dalton), Muzzy Exhaust, Power Commander EFI and K&N Intake. I had them install mine and do the dyno tune.

The dyno baseline for my stock engine was 37HP at rear wheel and after install and tune it was 46.8. Seat of the pants you can definitely feel the throttle response difference. I took a friend with a stock 4 for a ride and he could tell the difference as a passenger.

I have read much debate about K&N air intakes vs. others. Weller swears by them and they race side x sides on all sorts of conditions. Their caveat is that you must keep it clean and serviced, it is not as maintenance free as other filter types.

Weller is run by two Weller brothers and are just super nice guys. If you call Jason normally answers the phone. A friend had a Rhino big bore kit installed by them and tweaked the carb settings when in the mountains. When he got to the dunes it wasn't running right. He called and they gave him a recommended adjustment fix, it worked so he didn't call back. The next day a weekend Jason called him to find out if all was OK.

Hope this helps!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts