Side X Side World Forums banner

Transmission issues

7K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 ·
Yesterday I took the day off work to ride and it was horrible. I was about an HR into the ride when my transmission started acting funny. When it first happened, I couldnt get the RZR into Low gear or Park, everything else worked. So i rode back to the truck in high gear. Once I got back to the truck, I got the rzr into park very easily, but once it went into park I lost high and low gear. Throughout this whole process reverse was the only gear that was consistent.

You guys have any ideas on whar could cause this? How hard is it going to be to fix it and how much is it going to be?

Thanks AJ

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will look through those links when I get home from work, my work has the other site blocked with a filter.

I hope its a easy fix, we have our 2 week long ride in WV in 2 weeks.

#8 ·
I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow hopefully they don't rape me on it!!!! If they do, I'm gonna put it up for sale and put the money towards a new rzr s.

I'm guessing r and r stands for remove and repair!

#10 ·
I really hope it doesnt take 5 weeks to get parts to fix this. I will be really upset!!!

#11 ·
Well i got my RZR back today agter all the transmission problems. The dealership found the main gear assembly to be bad. The low gear gear was spinning inside the high gear. Anyways the part was 280 bucks but the labor was 650. Kinda sucked!!!!! lol

But on a side note, I will be ready for my WV trip friday with hopefully no more malfunctions.!!!

#12 ·
Mrwizardd83 said:
Well i got my RZR back today agter all the transmission problems. The dealership found the main gear assembly to be bad. The low gear gear was spinning inside the high gear. Anyways the part was 280 bucks but the labor was 650. Kinda sucked!!!!! lol

But on a side note, I will be ready for my WV trip friday with hopefully no more malfunctions.!!!
AJ, sorry to hear of your tranny misfortunes but glad to hear it's back up and running and you'll be able to make your W.Va. trip !! When you return let us know how it went and post some pics for us also. Enjoy and be safe out there !!

#13 ·
Thanks Rich, I will make sure I get some good pics this time. Most of the time I am to busy getting muddy to worry about taking pics!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.