Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric

The SSW community would like to welcome you to our Forum. We appreciate you joining our commmunity. If you would like to briefly introduce yourself that would be great. We strive to learn from each other in this family friendly forum. It is always nice to have another SSW member from Michigan. We look forward to hearing about your riding experiences.

Welcome, and thanks for becoming a member of SSW.
 

·
SSW Support Staff
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Morning Eric, and Welcome to the SSW. Glad to have you with us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
slane01 said:
Eric

The SSW community would like to welcome you to our Forum. We appreciate you joining our commmunity. If you would like to briefly introduce yourself that would be great. We strive to learn from each other in this family friendly forum. It is always nice to have another SSW member from Michigan. We look forward to hearing about your riding experiences.

Welcome, and thanks for becoming a member of SSW.
Thanks everyone.....

After looking through the site, I am sure I will be very active out here. Right now I am just getting into a SXS and I am sure I will love it. I have been an avid snowmobiler, quad and dirtbike rider but now my 7 year old wants to ride with me and I feel that a SXS would be the best for us. So right now I am in the hunt to find a nice used RZR, if anyone knows of one for sale in Michigan let me know.....

Also, trying to find a forum in here that gives me the rules for trail riding SXS's....basically looking for size restrictions and such. Tried DNR site but cannot find much. Any help there would be great.

After I purchase a RZR, first trip will be to Silver Lake....can't wait!!!
 

·
SSW Director
Joined
·
5,457 Posts
rzrman36 said:
Also, trying to find a forum in here that gives me the rules for trail riding SXS's....basically looking for size restrictions and such. Tried DNR site but cannot find much. Any help there would be great.
Eric, take a look through this:
http://www.offroad-ed.com/mi/handbook/
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
rzrman36 said:
slane01 said:
Eric

The SSW community would like to welcome you to our Forum. We appreciate you joining our commmunity. If you would like to briefly introduce yourself that would be great. We strive to learn from each other in this family friendly forum. It is always nice to have another SSW member from Michigan. We look forward to hearing about your riding experiences.

Welcome, and thanks for becoming a member of SSW.
Thanks everyone.....

After looking through the site, I am sure I will be very active out here. Right now I am just getting into a SXS and I am sure I will love it. I have been an avid snowmobiler, quad and dirtbike rider but now my 7 year old wants to ride with me and I feel that a SXS would be the best for us. So right now I am in the hunt to find a nice used RZR, if anyone knows of one for sale in Michigan let me know.....

Also, trying to find a forum in here that gives me the rules for trail riding SXS's....basically looking for size restrictions and such. Tried DNR site but cannot find much. Any help there would be great.

After I purchase a RZR, first trip will be to Silver Lake....can't wait!!!
Eric, basicly we have the restricted trails that are marked ATV if I remember right, they are 50" or less, which a stock steel wheeled RZR will work in, but you had either the stock aluminum wheels or the aftermarket wheels and you are to wide, and then you have the ORV trails that will take about anything.
Every year we do a get together at Silver Lake in September when it quiets down a bit, I have a post for it in the local rides section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
RZRRich said:
rzrman36 said:
Also, trying to find a forum in here that gives me the rules for trail riding SXS's....basically looking for size restrictions and such. Tried DNR site but cannot find much. Any help there would be great.
Eric, take a look through this:
http://www.offroad-ed.com/mi/handbook/
Rich,

Thanks for the link, I think I looked through this already but I will read through it again...thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
carnivore said:
rzrman36 said:
slane01 said:
Eric

The SSW community would like to welcome you to our Forum. We appreciate you joining our commmunity. If you would like to briefly introduce yourself that would be great. We strive to learn from each other in this family friendly forum. It is always nice to have another SSW member from Michigan. We look forward to hearing about your riding experiences.

Welcome, and thanks for becoming a member of SSW.
Thanks everyone.....

After looking through the site, I am sure I will be very active out here. Right now I am just getting into a SXS and I am sure I will love it. I have been an avid snowmobiler, quad and dirtbike rider but now my 7 year old wants to ride with me and I feel that a SXS would be the best for us. So right now I am in the hunt to find a nice used RZR, if anyone knows of one for sale in Michigan let me know.....

Also, trying to find a forum in here that gives me the rules for trail riding SXS's....basically looking for size restrictions and such. Tried DNR site but cannot find much. Any help there would be great.

After I purchase a RZR, first trip will be to Silver Lake....can't wait!!!
Eric, basicly we have the restricted trails that are marked ATV if I remember right, they are 50" or less, which a stock steel wheeled RZR will work in, but you had either the stock aluminum wheels or the aftermarket wheels and you are to wide, and then you have the ORV trails that will take about anything.
Every year we do a get together at Silver Lake in September when it quiets down a bit, I have a post for it in the local rides section.
Thank you sir, that helps. So basically for me to be able to ride more tails I should look for a stock RZR....so if you have a lifted RZR with 26" tires on it, then that would be too wide....correct?
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
The thing is when you lift them because of the geometry of the a arms, the machine gets a little narrower. The problem is when that happens the tires tend to hit the engine mount, so you have to add spacers most of the time, so yes, to get down the narrower trails you need a stock steel wheeled machine. Now, all that being said, I drive a Ranger, and never seem to run out of trails to ride here in Michigan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
carnivore said:
The thing is when you lift them because of the geometry of the a arms, the machine gets a little narrower. The problem is when that happens the tires tend to hit the engine mount, so you have to add spacers most of the time, so yes, to get down the narrower trails you need a stock steel wheeled machine. Now, all that being said, I drive a Ranger, and never seem to run out of trails to ride here in Michigan
Where do you normally ride? I have been looking through the trail maps from the DNR site and there are not that many ORV trails around where I live but if you go further north of Higgins lake you run into more. I did a fall color ride out of Indian River last year on my quad and we seemed to travel down some decently wide trails but I cannot find the trail route again.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure I purchase the right RZR....
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
I ride a lot of areas, St Helens is a good one, Black Mountain/Indian River, and the Mounds are some of the ones we ride more often. The Stock RZR will get you into the most areas.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top