Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what do you think? We've all had a glimpse of the new Can-Am, so what do you think? Do you see one in your future?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
striperman said:
Maybe. I'm going to let them get the bugs fixed first.
Not a bad idea. It looks like a mean machine. If it can stay together, it might be a RZR smoker! :twisted:

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
looks good, But I agree with letting the bugs get worked out

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Ya, sorry guys, I can't help myself, I like jumpin in and seeing what happens. Its a cool machine, and its mighty tempting. Plus its got 85 HP 8) 8) 8)

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I like it, but I think I will not jump in on the first run. Will start looking at the second generation. Let somebody else work out the kinks.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pops said:
I like it, but I think I will not jump in on the first run. Will start looking at the second generation. Let somebody else work out the kinks.
Yeah, that's what Curt is for! :D

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I am a bit surprised it about the size of a Ranger, and a lot bigger than an RZR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being on my second RZR and also a former Can Am 800 owner, Im on the fence on this one. Honestly, when I 1st saw it I was like what is this. Not at all what I was expecting. But the more I read about it and the more videos I see the more I like it.

Im like the rest of you, Im gonna wait and let the bugs get worked out b4 I consider one and beside I just picked up the RZR 4 only 3 mos ago.

Having been a former Can Am owner I can honestly say those engines are frickin awesome. If you're a power junkie like me then this will be the way to go. Ive become a polaris fan and I hope that they have an answer for it.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I when back and started looking at the spec, from what I have read it is 72" wide, a full foot wider than the "S". That whould make is aklot more stable on the off chamber trails, but would be spending time on Jeep trails than on ATV trails.

But I still have the 85 HP stuck in my mind.

·
4,369 Posts
The New Can AM has alot of neat little features. I thought this storage box under the bed was pretty neat

It is rated to hold 400 lbs in the bed and 200 lbs in the box.

They have really come out with a very full featured side by side. It will be interesting to see what the competition does.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is only 58.6" wide, even the 800 is 71HP.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
Pops said:
Yeah, that's what Curt is for! :D
8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I can add some weight to it and let ya know what breaks first. :oops: 8)

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
leimy said:
It is only 58.6" wide, even the 800 is 71HP.
My bad, I went back and looked at the spec this morning, it's 72" tall.

I haven't found anything on the tire sizes except for the base model, it has 27X9X12 all the way around. I wonder what the sport model is going to have on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone got a $ on it? Nice that it also has 55 accessories ready to roll out with it. I also like the feature of the additions adding to the existing bumpers instead of replacing everything...

Freddy :lol:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
freddy said:
Anyone got a $ on it? Nice that it also has 55 accessories ready to roll out with it. I also like the feature of the additions adding to the existing bumpers instead of replacing everything...

Freddy :lol:
Freddy, good to hear from you! Haqve ya got your ordered yet? 8)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
LOWES48 said:
I think I herd that Curt was out putting a deposit down 4 one?
I wish!

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to SSW Freddy!!!!! A class act folks!!! I think the prices are on the Can Am website, but the top of the line was near 15K and down from there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts