Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I would like to take the Ranger with when we go south for two weeks in Jan. we are going towards Texas or Florida and are looking for some scenic riding along the way or once we're there. We want expansive areas to explore. Any ideas? and what do we need as far as permits etc.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
rickg said:
My wife and I would like to take the Ranger with when we go south for two weeks in Jan. we are going towards Texas or Florida and are looking for some scenic riding along the way or once we're there. We want expansive areas to explore. Any ideas? and what do we need as far as permits etc.
Rick, Welcome to the SSW - glad to have you join us. :wink: Take a look at our 'Links to Riding Places' thread - lots of great info in there and we're always adding to it. If you discover some places we don't have listed - post them - I'll be glad to add them to the list. 8) :wink:
http://www.sidexsideworld.com/viewforum.php?f=359

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I've just returned home to Michigan after 3 1/2 weeks of trail riding at Cloud 9 Ranch in Caulfield, MO. A 6,500 acres Member Owned Resort.

I have several posts with pictures on this site you can check out. You can check out the ranch web sites which I have posted on my most recent entry. Just click on this to get there >

http://www.sidexsideworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=24460&highlight=

Good luck on your trip and HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
162 Posts
rickg said:
Several trail systems in Arkansas, also still legal in the Ouachita Forest to travel cross country (as in no trail or road needed as long as it is not signed as closed) May not still be that way in January though. But still miles of trails and roads outside the system trails in both the Ouachita and Ozark Forests.
Go here http://aokforests.com/ and click on the perspective forest links and you can find down loadable maps of both forests. Or you can order maps from the forest service.
PM me if you head this way and I may be able to get out and show a few areas to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife thinks Arkansas is a good idea since she wants to see Big Cedar loge at the Holidays and it appears to be a short rive from there to Ozark National Forest. We may do a few days at big cedar and commute to the trails.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
rickg said:
We want expansive areas to explore.
You need to come to east TN. Between Windrock, Royal Blue, Brimstone, and Pickett, you can ride for years before you've ran out of new places to explore. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts