Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
If I were buying a new one, I'd have to give serious consideration to the new RZR XP. But that sort of depends on how you use one. I'm holding out for the 4 seater version.....no word on that being made, but I imagine that it's coming within the next year.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Yeah, that's a tough one for sure. There's been some great machine's introduced as of late and I'm sure other's are in the works as we speak. I have the type of luck where I'd purchase one and shortly thereafter they come out with the next 'Latest and Greatest' model. :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been working towards a RZRs but with the RZR XP I am now on the fence. Will watch used prices and that may be the deciding factor. There has been an increase in Suzuki Samurai sightings around here and that has also peaked my interest. Tooo many choices 8)

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the teryx for sale today. Still not sure what I'm buying but thinking about the commander with the X pkg.

·
4,369 Posts
There are definitely alot of options. The new RZR XP is pretty sweet, but it does have a hefty price tag on it. However, you would not have to do too many mods to that one :)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
No question on my part, it would be the RZR XP.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
LOWES48 said:
carnivore said:
No question on my part, it would be the RZR XP.
I had a rzr s and found it a little to small for me.
Have you sat in the Can Am? The inside doesnt really feel any bigger than the RZR (in my opinion) and dimensionally the XP is bigger than the Commander. The Commander does have awesome seats. Now if you need more bed the RZR isn't a great choice. I guess thats the real issue, do you want pure sport, or a mix of the two. The newer Rangers are awesome also, they run better than ever. There are lots of good choices out there. I'm sure you would enjoy the Commander, its a nice machine with lots of power.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The new RZR XP is my choice as long as you did not do any upgrades.....What are the chances of that? I said that when I purchased the 09 RZR-S and I still put another 10K into it.....but I do "enjoy my ride"

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love to get the rzr900 xp but really concerned about the trail capabilities so still leaning on the rzr s unless i just wait until its been proven like the rzr s in trail management,i have learned to live with the price tag due to the thing is a true beast in its own rights

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I see a Commander in my future. I like to go fast and the RZR just doesn't give me the utility that I need. I'll probably wait until the next year model comes out though. Hopefully they will have fixed the visco lock issue by then.

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RoadDawg said:
I think I see a Commander in my future. I like to go fast and the RZR just doesn't give me the utility that I need. I'll probably wait until the next year model comes out though. Hopefully they will have fixed the visco lock issue by then.
Thanks roaddawg! Allot of nice guys on here just to died hard polaris fans.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I'm not so much a Polaris Fan as a Go Fast Fan. 8) I'd buy another brand in a heartbeat if it was a model I really liked. We need more members with other brands on here, invite some of your buddies!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
RoadDawg said:
Hopefully they will have fixed the visco lock issue by then.
I haven't heard of that.....what issue are they having with the visco lock?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
LOWES48 said:
I'm having a hard time finding any commander X models in stock :cry:
I don't know if they have any, but did you call US 27, Lakeside, Ball, and Nelsons ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
commanderjjones said:
RoadDawg said:
Hopefully they will have fixed the visco lock issue by then.
I haven't heard of that.....what issue are they having with the visco lock?
I just skimmed some other forum posts but it sounded like there are complaints that the front diff doesn't lock as quick as they'd like. I did read that there is a fix for it costing around $500. I believe they were putting a diff from a different machine on it. Like I said, I just skimmed the threads and it was a few weeks ago so I'm a little hazy on it. Also saw a vid showing a Commander popping a wheelie after an AirDam clutch conversion. It was on pavement but it's on my must have option list if I get a Commander!

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Interesting info Bill, keep us posted on what else you find out on the Commander Bud, that clutch conversion sounds real promising also.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts