Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to Windrock tomorrow after work to ride with some of the PRC gang. I'll try to get some good pic's while we're there and will post Sunday evening when we come home.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Have fun Bud!

·
4,369 Posts
Have fun Jerry, post some great pics when you get back :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Preparing for the trip......

The weather has cooled so we broke out the cold weather gear and did a "test fit" on all of the kids to see who had outgrown which item, what could be handed down, and what new items we have to buy this year. Everyone was good on headgear. Toboggans and PJ's....what a combo' :lol:

Hunter can now fit into Chloe's coveralls from a couple of years ago.

Rolling into camp....

Windrock Park campground is a fairly new addition to the area and has nice accomodations. The sites were nice, level, and well drained atop a gorgeous mountain view opposing Windrock mountain in the background. A trailhead leads directly from camp, down the mountain and across the valley to the trail system on the opposite mountain. The bath houses were extremely clean, the entire campground was very well kept, and the price is VERY reasonable. We definitely need to have another get together here soon.! :D

Ready to hit the trail.......

It was cool when we started out, so we donned the cold weather gear before shedding it later in the day.

It warmed up quickly and the cold weather gear was removed rather quickly.....I think on the 1st or 2nd stop.

Despite receiving some rain only the day before, conditions were stll pretty dusty due to a slight drought over the last few months. Each stop involved some windshield cleaning. Luckily, I have not installed mine yet this year. :)

One of the first semi-rough sections.

.....and the 2nd rough section.....

Time to stop for some lunch. The kids were entertained jumping into Neal's RZR4.

A shot of the windmills in the distance (you'll probably have to zoom to see them)

A better shot from a different location

Randy needed to get back to camp to prepare for the long drive home, so here's where we stopped to say goodbye for now and part ways.

Unfortunately, Randy missed probably the best 2 sections of the day because the trails got harder after we split up. Here's one of the first boulder sections on Trail 3.

Look at that wheel travel. 8)

But the best section of the day is on Trail 6 and unfortunately we did not get many pic's because of having to hurry around a few Hummers (and a Toyota P/U) coming the opposite directions. They were having some sort of Hummer rally this coming weekend and we saw several of them on the trails. I'll have to go back to this section soon and get some video of it. It's very technical and fun. Neal and Doug went ahead of me on this part and gave me the chance to get the camera out.

It got even rougher after this first section, but I failed to get any pic's :oops:. On that last rough section, I broke an ear that holds the bearing on the A-arm, so that was the end of my fun for the day and I had to baby it back to camp. But we were nearly done anyway, so no huge loss and we got plenty of fun and riding in before having to head back to camp. Luckily I was able to limp it back with no issues and the repair will be a simple re-weld that only requires removing the A-arm :) . Good thing because we have another ride and Halloween party at RRB next weekend.

We had a great time and it was good to see some old friends again. Thanks to Randy, Neal, Tammy, Jay, Doug, and Lisa for letting us tag along and we enjoyed their company as always! Hope you guys had a safe trip home and look forward to riding with y'all again soon. :wink:

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Nice pics Jerry - thanks for sharing them with us !! Sure looks like fun was had by all and you had the weather to go along with it as well. :wink:

·
SSW Senior Management
113 Posts
Thanks so much for leading us Friday Jerry, you done a great job. We spent alot of time turning around on Thursday without you. I am a little fatigued from the drive home so I will post some pics tomorrow.

I have always felt there's just something about Windrock and this ride reminded me of that feeling . Just sorry Randy didn't get to see the best section of rock climb.

We had a great time and look forward to going back.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oneal said:
Thanks so much for leading us Friday Jerry, you done a great job.
My pleasure. Glad that you guys made it home safely. Rest up. :wink:

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Cool pics, Jerry! Thanks for leading us on Friday :)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
That looks like a great time! Thanks for the pics!

·
4,369 Posts
Jerry, & the PRC Crew, it looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for the pics :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are certainly welcome....really, it was my pleasure. It was great to see you all again and I hope we can do that again soon.

I've already got the broken tab on the A-arm repaired and the Ranger is back in the trailer and ready to go for next weekend. 8)

·
SSW Senior Management
113 Posts
Here are Tam's :

J loves mirrors so it was fitting he have his own to adjust as he pleased.

Lisa turned around as we were not sure we should be there. Doug and I were nervous but we went on hand in hand. :lol:

·
4,369 Posts
Neal,

Great Pics.....I also Love the Rock Sliders......J's gotta love his new RZR 4 :)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Nice pics Neal, thanks for sharing them with us. Ole 'J' sure is racking up the miles trail riding. :D 8) :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't realize that Lisa bailed because of the "no trespassing" sign. If anybody ever hassles you about it, just tell them that Jerry said you had permission to be there :lol: . Heck, ever'one knows that most folks 'round here kain't read anyways.....those signs are for targit practus. :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
commanderjjones said:
I didn't realize that Lisa bailed because of the "no trespassing" sign. If anybody ever hassles you about it, just tell them that Jerry said you had permission to be there :lol: . Heck, ever'one knows that most folks 'round here kain't read anyways.....those signs are for targit practus. :wink:
I got to thinking about that last post and thought I should clarify that was a joke.....for those of you that don't get my sense of humor. I don't condone or premote trespassing or illegal activity. I actually believe the "no trespassing" signs are intended to be directed at vehicle traffic.

There's my disclaimer. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts